Monday, January 30, 2012

What happened today? Teething!

Baby G is drooling
Today went surprisingly... well. G is starting the painful process of teething and my heart goes to my little man. He is drooling so much that I had to change his bib. And I am not talking about the fact that he eats his fists so badly that he makes himself gag. :(

But he is behaving like a champ. For some reason, it makes him sleep more. The bad news that came out of this situation, is that he doesn't STAY asleep! But I take the good and the bad.

One doctor told me once that teething is one of the most painful milestone a baby has to go through. And after my wisdom tooth decided to grow when I was 23, I do believe he is right. For me, it felt as if my whole jaw was stuck in a wise-grip and that somebody was tightening it for the sole purpose of hurting me.  Just imagining that my baby has to go through this breaks my heart and makes me want to hold him and kiss him senseless.

During the few naps that G took today, I was able to cook some lactation cookies and I was even able to cook a whole dinner! The first time in weeks!

I made the lactation cookies yesterday and since it is better to cook them while they are cold, I put them in my sunroom to cool them down and I just didn't have enough time to bake them. I don't know if I will actually produce more milk because I eat them, but they are soooo good that I don't really mind eating them!



No comments:

Post a Comment